Depth of experience in a range of insurance and reinsurance issues arising from war risks, terrorism and allied perils.
What Insuralex does (war & terrorism)
- War Risks & Political Violence Insurance and Reinsurance
- Contingency insurance
- Event cancellation
- Kidnap & ransom
- Life assurance
- Marine & Aviation
- Permanent Total Disablement
- Personal Accident
- Political Violence
- Travel coverage issues
Insuralex´s war & terrorism experience
- Represented insurers in relation to reinsurance allocation and aggregation issues arising from the 9/11 terrorist attacks in USA.
- Advised reinsurer on aggregation of losses under aviation hull war risks treaties arising from damage sustained to aircraft during airport attacks.
- Advised overseas brokers regarding several direct / facultative reinsurance claims under war risks and political violence property insurances and reinsurances, generally involving Middle East based insureds/reinsureds and losses.
- Representing ship-owner regarding a marine hull war risks insurance claim, involving an attack on an oil tanker.
- Acting in reinsurance claims for the insurer of commercial property damaged by political violence in Syria.
- Facultative terrorism reinsurance coverage dispute arising from damage to industrial buildings in Syria.
- Advising on political violence reinsurance coverage of insured losses arising from an arson attack.
- Advised PA insurer regarding Permanent Total Disability claim of security manager injured during terrorist bomb blast in Mali that involved cardiac symptoms, PTSD and loss of hearing.
- Advised several life and PA insurers regarding fraudulent fake disappearance / death claim (arising from the 2004 Boxing Day Tsunami) which was suspected of being pursued to raise funds for an activist group.
- Life claims and attempted murder claims involving consideration of the effects of biological agents / poisons, some of which are intended to trigger cardiac arrest.
- Experienced in handling Personal Accident and suicide claims in relation to current and former armed forces personnel and security / close protection officers.