Insuralex member firms have handled numerous cases involving a variety of aspects of construction law. Insuralex’s insurance lawyers have acted in coverage issues and in defence of general contractors, subcontractors, material suppliers, lending institutions, and joint ventures involving construction litigation, mediation, and arbitration throughout various venues in many jurisdictions, as well as in non-contentious matters.
Insuralex member firms have both litigation insurance lawyers and transactional insurance lawyers that can assist in these matters, including in the most complex multi-jurisdictional matters.
The types of construction matters that Insuralex firms have handled include:
- Coverage matters involving contractors’ and property owners’ risk/liability policies.
- General construction litigation.
- Construction dispute arbitrations and mediations.
- Defective and/or faulty workmanship and construction.
- Residential and commercial purchase agreements.
- Construction defects.
- Breach of construction contracts.
- Subcontractor liability.
- Commercial lending.
- First party and third-party property damage claims.
- Construction contract drafting.
- Materialmen’s liens and Prompt Pay Act.
- Water drainage litigation.
- Code compliance.