MJM is one of Bermuda’s leading law firms. We have a broad ranging practice with an emphasis on civil and commercial litigation, banking and finance, insurance, general corporate, trusts, insolvency and restructuring. We also offer advice and services to international individual and commercial private clients.
MJM is regularly retained by leading international law firms. We offer practical, common sense advice based on an in-depth knowledge of the legal, regulatory and commercial environment in Bermuda.
We also offer a high degree of partner involvement in the work that we do. Each practice area is led by a partner who is recognised as a leading practitioner in Bermuda in their respective field of specialisation. Our collective knowledge and experience across practice areas enables us to offer a comprehensive and thorough service to our clients.
Our insurance practice provides highly skilled legal assistance to insurers and reinsurers, as well as investors and market intermediaries. We adopt a multi-disciplinary approach to ensure we are able to deliver tailored advice to our clients in respect of all aspects of the insurance and reinsurance market in Bermuda.
Specialist Areas of Practice:
· Establishment and ongoing operations of (re)insurance companies and intermediaries
· Insurance entity restructuring and re-domiciliation
· Financing of (re)insurance groups including private and public capital raising
· Compliance and Regulatory Governance
· Structured finance products associated with the convergence of insurance and capital markets including the use of Special Purpose Insurers as vehicles for insurance-linked securities and collateralised reinsurance
· Captive and rent-a-captive programmes
· Segregated accounts and portfolio companies
· Domestic and cross-border insurance, reinsurance and captive insurance dispute resolution
· Contentious and non-contentious insolvency
· Policy/contract wording
· Run off/exit strategies
· Schemes of arrangement
· International fast-track arbitrations and mediations
Insuralex is not a law firm, does not practice law and does not provide legal advice or legal opinions. Insuralex members are not a partnership of law firms or lawyers and are not affiliated or in a relationship for the joint practice of law. Insuralex member firms are strictly independent firms.