NEWSLETTER 04/2014 GROOTERHORST & PARTNER RECHTSANWÄLTE
The liability of the directors and officers of the boards of public limited companies and other corporations (board of management/ managing directors/ supervisory board) has turned into an important and widely respected area of work of our law firm directly after its foundation in August 1994. The rulings of the Federal Supreme Court (BGH) in the “Garmenbeck” case (comp. p. 2 Sec. 7) were a milestone on the route of developing court rulings, legislation and public attention. In September 2014 the Deutscher Juristentag dealt with the current legal situation (de lege lata) and its further development, which was deemed necessary (de lege ferenda) on the basis of expert opinions,presentations and resolutions. We report on this under the heading “Current News”.
Further topics of this second Newsletter in the year of our twentieth anniversary address – as usual – practical questions of company law, the further development of the international private law (law of the conflict of laws) by the European Union, private building law, cases dominating commercial landlord and tenant law. Public law puts an emphasis of our law firm on planning law, building regulations law and public procurement law. This will be supplemented by current rulings from the field of insurance law and private labour law.
As usual, I wish you some stimulating reading.
In gratitude for your staunch support.
Grooterhorst & Partner Rechtsanwälte
- Current News – Insurance Law
- Current News – from company law – D&O liability at the Deutscher Juristentag
- Commercial and Company Law – invalidity of an exclusion of compensation in the articles of association
- Real Estate Law – international law of succession – coming into force of the European Regulation as to the Law of Succession (EuErbVO); prohibition of set-off in the General Terms and Conditions
- Commercial Landlord and Tenant Law – mixed tenancies; remedying violations of the written form
- Public Law – planning Law – deficiencies of consideration; building regulations law – safeguarding the existence of a building permit– new EU public procurement law – new rulings
- Labour Law – contract of employment – periods of notice pursuant to § 622 German Civil Code (BGB) – discrimination based on age; legal action for dismissal protection – frequent short-term illnesses as permant facts of the case
- Insurance Law – insurance contract law – payment protection – disability insurance
The oeuvre “Power of Attorneys in the Company” of our colleague Dr. Ursula Grooterhorst has just been published in its 6th edited and extended edition 2014.
A flyer concerning this new publication is attached to our Newsletter 04/2014.